Trapped? or Protected?

Hey Family!

I was watching a cartoon on Disney Jr with my baby girl. She loves this cartoon. Elena of Avalor. I can't lie, i'm all in it too. Singing all the songs with Sami and everything. Haa Haa Haa!!!

Here is Princess Elena.....
Image result for elena of avalor
She is beautiful.  In her story, her parents are killed during an attack by the evil Queen Shuriki who then trapped Elena's grandparents and little sister in a painting. When she attempted to kill 16 year old Princess Elena, she inadvertently trapped Princess Elena in an amulet from the necklace Elena had on.

The thing is that, Elena ended up trapped in that amulet for 41 years!!! It was after that time that Elena was rescued by another worthy princess  named Princess Sophia of Enchancia.  And they teamed up together to defeat the evil queen who took over Avalor after the royal family had "disappeared".

But honestly, the day I watched the episode (again for the 5th time maybe), I saw something different. I wondered, was Princess Elena really trapped? Or was she Protected? I mean, she could not get herself out, so that's the clear sign that she was "trapped". But what if in the process of her being what we call "trapped" she was actually being protected?

When she was rescued, she was still 16 years old. The same age she was when Queen Shuriki attacked the kingdom. But she was perfectly preserved, 41 years later.

Sometimes in our lives, we feel that we are "trapped" in something. We can't get ourselves out of something. Sometimes someone has to come and rescue us. I was reminded from my first marriage. I felt trapped. I was mentally and emotionally "trapped". It took God (my version of Princess Sophia) to come and rescue me from where I was trapped. And when I was free from that, I found that I was "Perfectly Preserved". Over the approximately 10 years of that relationship, I was preserved and continually protected.

Had I been able to get myself out of that situation, I may have been out "too soon". I may have probably put myself into another situation that God did not want me in. I had to wait for my "due time" to come out of it. I had to wait for all I had to endure, to make me the person God intended for me to be, for HIS purpose.

No, no one wants to endure hard times. But when you do and you feel that you do not have a way out, will you feel that you are "Trapped"? Or will you believe that you are "Protected" for a special time? For a special purpose? When we feel we are "trapped" it makes it difficult to "endure". But when we believe that we are "Protected" while we wait on God to shift the situation, it makes it so much easier to Endure and learn.

After Princess Elena was freed from the Amulet by Princess Sophia and learned how long she was trapped, she slowly learned that she was Protected by the amulet. She spoke about how in the time that she was "imprisoned" in the amulet, she only had Hope that someone worthy would come across to free her. What she didn't realize what that she was also being preserved and never aged.

As you look at you situation, that place where you feel trapped with no way out. Will you continue to just feel "trapped"? Or will you believe with hope, that God is going to come along at the right time and He will free you? And when He frees you, i'm sure you will find that He has kept you fully Protected and Preserved, able to do all the good things that you had in your heart to do.

Which one are you? Trapped or Protected?  I love you all!! Be Blessed!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snow White and the 7... sins (continued)

Snow White and the 7...... sins...